Pipeline Safety Management Systems
Advancing pipeline safety through culture and process.
Successful pipeline safety programs start with robust written processes, and Integrity Plus compliance consultants have long emphasized a holistic process driven approach to pipeline safety management. Safety Management Systems (SMS) initiate culture from the very top of an organization, emphasize well mapped and developed processes, and drive continuous assessment of risks and response actions to those risks. Employing a Plan-Do-Check-Act (Adjust) Cycle, SMS serves to prompt continuous improvement.
Using this approach drives us from a reactive paradigm of risk management through analysis and reactions of past events to a proactive approach and eventually to a predictive approach of risk management.
Integrity Plus consultants are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and experience to employ API Recommended Practice 1173 concepts to provide comprehensive SMS program development and consulting services to meet your organization’s goals and objectives.
SMS Consulting Services
Integrity Plus provides the following SMS services:
- Process mapping and linking
- Process definition and written SMS program development
- Existing SMS program reviews and GAP analyses
- Risk assessment process development
- Goal based metrics identification and tracking
- Development of action/adjustment triggers and strategies
- Stakeholder communication strategies, program development, and training
- Executive level consulting and training